These summer lovin' noodles are perfect for packing: camp, picnics, road trips, and what have you. There's not much cooking going on with this noodle salad so it's an easy meal that is filling, yet light and fresh.
The farmer's market has an abundance and variety of fresh vegetables to offer during this season so you don't have to stick to the vegetables I used for this salad. Please your palate and make your mix of vegetables with a whole grain rice vermicelli noodle.
Whole Grain Rice Vermicelli Salad
• 100 grams whole grain rice or regular vermicelli
• 2 zucchinis, raw and noodle length ("zoodles")
• 2 small colorful bell peppers, raw and diced
• 2 cloves garlic, grated
• 1 lime, juiced
• 3 tablespoons, homemade kaeshi sauce
• 1 avocado, cubed
• A bunch of flat parsley, leaves
• 2 stalks scallion, chopped
• 2 bunch (usually in 100 gram packs) enoki mushrooms, steamed, blanched, or raw
Vermicelli noodles: Follow the instructions on the back of your vermicelli noodle. I soaked mine in water for 5 minutes and then rinsed it out with hot water. Set it aside to cool down.
Enoki mushrooms: Rinse them under cold water, then cut off the thick stem that holds them together and slightly separate them before steaming or blanching.
Combine the zucchini, bell pepper, garlic, lime juice, and the kaeshi sauce in a large mixing bowl.
Add the noodles to the bowl, then the parsely and the avocado. Toss gently.
Garnish with more parsley leaves, scallion, and enoki mushrooms.
I used kitchen shears to cut down my noodles. It makes it easier to serve and to eat.